Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
How should I prepare for my IV anesthesia appointment?
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight or as directed prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear short sleeved shirt and closed low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Rosner prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Ready to smile with confidence?
Our goal is to provide you with a pleasant and professional experience that is of the highest quality. Contact us today with questions or to schedule your appointment!
Looking for more information on anesthesia and oral surgery?
- Learn About Our Sedation Options
- Dental Implants Can Be Placed While Under Sedation
- Overview of Bone Grafting
- Contact one of our offices for more information: Delran & Lumberton