Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
How should I prepare for my IV anesthesia appointment?
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight or as directed prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear short sleeved shirt and closed low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Rosner prior to your surgical date for instructions.
If you have any questions or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Rosner call our Delran office at Delran Phone Number 856-764-7070 or call our Lumberton office at Lumberton Phone Number 609-261-8200 or you can book online.
Looking for more information on anesthesia and oral surgery?
- Learn About Our Sedation Options
- Dental Implants Can Be Placed While Under Sedation
- Overview of Bone Grafting
- Contact one of our offices for more information: Delran & Lumberton